thumbnail gold mine collapse 1 vrtc.jpg
Mine collapses in the Central African Republic

Video shows a gold mine collapsing in the Central African Republic. According to The Associated Press, more than 100 people were killed and several people are still missing.

00:45 • Source: CNN
Vertical World News 7 videos
thumbnail gold mine collapse 1 vrtc.jpg
Mine collapses in the Central African Republic

Video shows a gold mine collapsing in the Central African Republic. According to The Associated Press, more than 100 people were killed and several people are still missing.

00:45 • Source: CNN
Ukraine 1.jpg
Authorities say Russian strikes killed Kyiv residents

At least 12 people have died after Russia hit Ukraine’s capital, Kyiv, with ballistic missiles on Thursday.

00:20 • Source: CNN
22911175 - kenya copter crash CLN.00_00_06_25.Still001.jpg
7 killed in helicopter crash in Kenya

Seven people were killed in a helicopter crash in central Kenya, according to the country’s civil aviation authority. Five Americans and the director general of Ecuador’s intelligence agency were among those who died.

00:27 • Source: CNN
Life inside Paris’s smallest apartments
Life inside Paris’s smallest apartments

Paris's "chambres de bonne" -- or maid's rooms -- are some of the tiniest apartments you can rent in the French capital. Originally built for domestic servants, some measure less than 100 square feet. Hidden at the top of Paris's grandest buildings, they often have impressive views of the city. CNN's Saskya Vandoorne went to visit one.

01:18 • Source: CNN
22910845 - Harry Meghan move back-thumb.jpg
Prince Harry and Meghan to move back to Britain

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are planning to move back to Britain, CNN understands. Prince Harry and Meghan are said to be planning to relocate from the US later this month to a private residence outside London and reportedly have enrolled their children in British schools for the coming term, according to UK newspaper The Telegraph. CNN's Max Foster reports.

01:05 • Source: CNN
20260819_HindRajab Clean Thumbnail-digvid-vrtc.jpg
Israeli military admits firing on car carrying Hind Rajab

The Israeli military acknowledged for the first time on Wednesday that it opened fire on the vehicle carrying 5-year-old Hind Rajab in Gaza — and said it had opened a criminal investigation into the January 2024 killing. The military had previously denied involvement in the killing, saying that its forces were “not present near the vehicle or within firing range” of the vehicle. The criminal investigation is one of two the Israeli military launched on Wednesday into alleged war crimes in Gaza, following preliminary probes into 150 incidents since the beginning of the war.

02:22 • Source: CNN
senegal girl walk.jpg
The school teaching girls to defy expectations

In Senegal, less than 20% of girls make it through high school. One elite boarding school is challenging traditional expectations around girls and education.

01:38 • Source: CNN